SAF supports operators in the agricultural sector through a mode of financing developed to meet
the needs of farmers who require funds to cultivate and deliver their crops to be delivered at
an agreed future date. Quality and quantity are also expected to be specified from inception.
This is otherwise known as a salam contract.
- Available to farming co-operatives, registered farmers with SAF current accounts. Click here to download form
- The client should have a ready market to sell the commodity (off-takers)
- Products should be commodities of which quality and quantity can be differentiated separately leaving no ambiguity
- The date and place of delivery must be determined at the inception of the contract
- There should be adequate collateral
- The client must operate a Sterling alternative corporate account with the Bank
- Other requirement as specified by the bank